Monday

Pink SS Cardigan


I just finished a cute project for my daughter. I got the yarn a little while ago when a local craft store was getting rid of their yarn section. It was quite a deal.
I found the pattern "Baby Sweater on Two Needles" from Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Knitter's Almanac. Then I found the February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne on Ravelry. Neither was the size I wanted, so I improvised. I took the top part with the ragland sleeves from the February Lady Sweater, and just adjusted the number of stitches I started with. For the lace part, the ribbon yarn I was using wasn't good for the lace pattern called for in either pattern, so I improvised that too. I ended up doing a drop stitch lace. On the 1st row you do a yarn over after every stitch, and on the next row you drop all the YO's. Then I did 3 rows of garter stitch and started the lace pattern over. I made sure to leave the first and last 4 stitches in garter for a nice border.

She really loves her new cardi. It's pink and everything! On to the next project!

No comments: